Friday, December 26, 2008

Last few days in Europe

Day 8

My Christmas present from Matt was a trip to Brugge, Belgium.

On our train ride there, not only did we see all of of these bikes in this picture, but we also met 2 girls who spoke english that we hung out with for most of the day in Brugge. It was fun to have some travel buddies with us!

This is the cute little town of Brugge

And here we are on a bridge going over a river through the town

And this was also the site of Matt's re-proposal to me! Since he never had the chance to officially propose again after we had decided to get back together, he did it while we were in Europe. He proposed with a white teddy bear, since I already had the ring and you all know how much I love stuffed animals! It was super cute! A Chinese couple was so happy for us...they even stopped to take pictures of Matt and I!
A random statue in the town
Doesn't this look like it should be inside a snow globe?!

Random cool looking building
In Brugge there was a chocolate museum, so of course, we had to go in it! Here is how they make chocolate...

These are some of the machines that get used during the process

This was a famous lady in history that was involved with chocolate, but I don't remember who it was.
Some of the original chocolate molds
This dog is made completely out of chocolate!!!!!!!!

This is a fountain located in a part of Brugge that has many different statues on it. It looked pretty cool when it was all lit up
Day 9
At Matt's church on Sunday, the kids performed their Christmas play. It was really cute...and 2 of the kids that we were staying with for the week were in it also. The play is called "A King is Coming to Town"
The kids singing and dancing...they all did a great job!

The little girl playing Mary is the 3 year old that I was staying with, and in the background is the 11 year old I was staying with. He played the cop of the town in the play.
After church, we went over to another family's house for lunch. I played HSM2 uno with their 6 year old while lunch was being made. She LOVES HSM and was very excited for me to come :)

Lunch was a traditional Indian meal...it was delicious!!!!

After lunch, Matt and I went back to babysit the 4 kids of the house we were staying at so the parents could get some time to themselves with no kids. It was a good time. The next day we headed back to Brussels where we started our trip and hung out with Chris and a few others for the day. Then on Tuesday it was time to come home. It was a LONG plane ride, but both Matt and I made it back safely. He is in Missouri and I am back in Michigan, but on January 18th, Matt will be moving to Michigan for good until the wedding :)

Overall, I had a great time in Europe and I think it will be a good experience living over there for a few years. But ya never know what God has in store for us....

4 comments:

KOphotography Karen Oglesby said...

Awww. Love that picture of Matt re-proposing. ... that must have been a big surprise!!
That city is so amazing. I love it. the buildings that look like they should be in snow globes... I want to go there!!
Glad you are home safe and hope you are resting up for your next adventure- student-teaching!

Anonymous said...

What fun! Where in Europe will you two be living? And are you going to be with an organization or something?

Ken said...

As I said on the phone - you have a real talent for posing with statues. That will come in handy in Europe, there are lots of 'em!

I'm glad you had a good trip, and congratulations on the re-proposal (or re-engagement). In any case, the re-ringbearer is busy getting his legs re-energized for the event.

Anonymous said...

Very Cool Pics Saber! Keep me posted with everything... although I guess all I have to do is just read the blogs. Take care
~Andrew
P.S. WallE was hilarious. I'm not sure which part you thought was so funny though. Was it the animated short?