Sunday, December 14, 2008

I made it!!! Europe...Day 1 and 2

I made it to Europe!!!! It was a long trip, but I survived. The long plane ride from the US to Amsterdam was cool cause I could watch movies and play games on this cool little tv screen in the seat! I watched Kung Fu Panda...it was alright. My stomach got a little sick after landing that first time, but I had a 6 hour lay over after that, so it helped. In Amsterdam, I put together a 300 piece HSM puzzle...there's a pic below...

After waiting in the airport for a delayed second flight, I had a 30 minute flight to Belgium!! That one went super smooth...and much faster than the 7.5 hour one! Once getting there, I saw Matt and his friends Chris and Londie in the airport. Then we met up with two more friends, Mistrel and Sam and we went out to eat.

Here is a pic of Matt and I in the restaurant. I look kinda tired...for obvious reason. I got about 2-3 hours of sleep in about a 24 hour period. :)
This is Sam and Mistrel...they got mussels in Brussels!
After that, they insisted that I had to go to Delirium...its a pub that is in the guiness book of world records!! They have over 2000 types of beers!!
They got me a raspberry beer...it was ok, but I only had a few sips and I was done with it.
After Delirium, it was bedtime!!! They kept me up till 12:30, so I was exhausted.
Oh...and this is what we walked by on our way...these are everywhere!!
The next day after church, we went out to another restaurant for lunch. Here is a pic of the town
And this is in front of the restaurant...it was so tasty!!!
Here's a pic of some of our food. Mine is on the right hand side...it was noodles and chicken in this amazing sauce
Then we took the metro to the Grand Plaz.....
It was very festive! There were musical light things and a big tree right in the middle of everything. (There is a video posted below...I couldn't seem to get it to drag to this spot...so when you reach the bottom of this post, you can watch the video!!)
Here is one of the buildings surrounding the Grand Plaz
Matt and I in front of a building
Oh, and this is Chris, Matt's friend from the UK. He dressed up in his Scottish attire for a youth group picture scavenger hunt. He was one of the things the kids had to find. Matt and I hung out with him...we got waffles!!

Here is a pic of one of the many waffle places. They put all sorts of different stuff on their waffles, even chocolate sauce. It was great.

At the end of the day, we went back to Chris' place and all (me, matt, chris, londie (chris' gf), sam, and mistrel) watched a movie. Here I am at 1:30 am Belgium time...its time for me to go to bed now. Good night...and I will post again soon!

9 comments:

Ken said...

Very exciting, and looks like a great experience already. Please keep updating us.

KOphotography Karen Oglesby said...

WOW.. Kelly so FANTASTIC to see and hear about your trip. Love the hsm puzzle. sounds like a long journey but well worth it. Looks like a really fun city.. love all the different foods etc.. I'm jealous.. I've never been to Europe.
Keep us posted .. say hi to Matt for us!!!
PS.. Taylor sent me a text from school to tell me you posted on the blog.. she wants me to say hi from her and she's looking forward to Dec 27th.. shopping day!

Bethany said...

I love the pictures of the buildings and what not. Very neat!
I'm glad you're having a good, tiring time!

Anonymous said...

hey sis looks like fun! i wana go! im definitely coming to visit when u live there.

love ur baby bro

It's Lisa said...

I'm glad to have the blog so you can keep us posted and let us know how things are going. This is just the beginning of the adventurous years ahead of you. Enjoy!!!!

I'm glad you like the food so far.

We love you lots- say "HI" to Matt.
Mom and Dad

It's Lisa said...

One more thing- do Matt's parents know about this blog so they can know how everything is going?
Mom

Unknown said...

Glad you made it safely. The pictures are great! I love the architecture of these European towns. Can't wait to hear more about your trip. Have fun!

Kristy

Anonymous said...

neat-o.

just had soon to be missionaries to bristol, england. exciting.

Hannah said...

The real question is do they have High School Musical in europe?