Friday, October 10, 2008

Student Teaching Placement

This morning I woke up at 5:30 AM so I could drive all the way down to Stockbridge (1 hour 45 min away) to meet the principal, kindergarten teacher, and first grade teacher of Smith Elementary School to see if they actually wanted me student teaching at their school or not.

The teachers and principal were all very nice and friendly!! The school is fairly new so it is really nice and clean inside. The kids were adorable and pretty well behaved also. I LOVED everything about the school!

Later this afternoon, my coordinator called me and told me that the principal and teachers loved me and they definitely want me student teaching at their school! I am super stoked! So...here is where I am student teaching:

-Smith Elementary School in Stockbridge, MI
-It is a K-2 grade building only, which is really cool...the 3-5 grade building is next door
-I will be doing 8 weeks in a 1st grade classroom and 8 weeks in a kindergarten classroom, which is exactly what I wanted!!!
-Here is the school's website if you want to check it out:
http://scs.k12.mi.us/education/school/school.php?sectionid=7

3 comments:

Bethany said...

woo hoo! How exciting, Kelly! I'm sure it'll be awesome and you'll gain a lot of experience.

Joni Scott said...

Congrats Kelly! That is so awesome!

Ken said...

Congratulations, Kelly, that's great news! You will certainly have to find time to blog about life as a K-2 student teacher...that can ONLY be entertaining.