Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Following God....

Hi friends and family that read my blog. Just thought I would let you know the news that just happened...

Matt and I broke off our engagement. Within the past few days he felt a strong calling to do long term missions in other countries for his entire life, and that is not what I was being called to do. We talked and prayed about it, and decided that breaking off the engagement was what we had to do to be following God. It's sad and heartbreaking, but I guess it just wasn't what God had planned for us.

Thanks for the prayers

8 comments:

Ken said...

Kelly, we are indeed sorry for this major change in your plans...expectations...hopes. I'm available to talk any time. Hard to post a comment.

Cullen is willing to wait on the ring bearing. Learning to walk is probably a prerequisite anyway.

Bethany said...

Oh I'm really sorry Kelly. But in light of it all, it's great to hear that you guys are seeking to follow the Lord's will for both of your lives. He will indeed bless you for it. And His timing and will is perfect!
I'll be praying for you!

Joni Scott said...

Hey Kelly. I am so sorry about the broken engagement. I agree with Bethany that no matter how difficult, keep listening to the Lord. We love you!!

Anonymous said...

I also am with you and praying.

Cheryl said...

Kelly,
I am sorry too. And I wanted to say I think you've shown a lot of wisdom and maturity in this situation -- it is admirable!

KOphotography Karen Oglesby said...

Kelly,
Uncle Mark and I are so sad and sorry for both of you. We love both of you and know you are trying to do what God wants you to do and that in itself shows that both of you are amazing and will have wonderful lives because you are following God.
We will be praying for both of you.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

someone is a little presumptuous... like I'm about to put my shit on hold and do some hardcore prayin'...

fuck you.