Sunday, March 22, 2009

...but they are so cute!!!

It was a sad day for me...

I went through all 160 of my stuffed animals and parted with 3/4 of them. I sat in the living room and made 3 piles: 1 for the stuffed animals who were old and dirty, 1 for the stuffed animals to give to foster children in the their easter baskets (mom heard about it on the radio), and 1 for the stuffed animals I am keeping.

I am a sentimental kinda person, so as I was going through them, I could remember most of my stuffed animals names and where I got them from. This is what made it so hard for me to get rid of them...but I did it!

Here is the throw away box of stuffed animals...

Here are the stuffed animals that were like new that I am donating to foster children. They will be placed in children's easter baskets :)

And this is my keep pile!!! I kept about 40 out of 160. If you know me, you know that that's pretty good, since I didn't want to get rid of any of them in the first place!

Here I am, dragging the box of old stuffed animals to the end of the driveway... *sigh* I guess it had to happen soon or later!

5 comments:

Joni Scott said...

I had about 9 stuffed animals that were VERY precious to me as a kid. All had names and stories. I guess if you have to get rid of some, going to foster kids is a great place. AND... if you must get rid of some, at least you are replacing them with something better to cuddle...

Ken said...

How could you?

And Lisa, you have really gone too far this time. Yes, I am thinking of Tippy.

Unknown said...

ha ha, i love you hun.....
your cute... and hillarious, lol

KOphotography Karen Oglesby said...

Kelly...
Very sad for you.. but think how happy they will make some little kids! I know that doesn't help much- Taylor had to do the same thing but she was about 8 years old .... so Uncle Mark is tougher than your mom!

Anonymous said...

at least some of those animals will make some other little kids very happy.