Thursday, July 3, 2008

Mike's Going Away Party

As I think I've mentioned in other posts, my friend Mike is getting deployed to Afghanistan. It's already reached that time when he has to leave, so we threw him a going away party. The party was fun, but saying good-bye was sad.


Me and Mike


Look!! Army gummies!!


I love this group pic...its very cute :)


We decided to play on the playground at the park where we had the party at


And afterwards we went swimming in Mike's neighbor's pool at night...it was cold, but we had fun anyway

I stayed in Grand Rapids for 3 days to hang out with Mike before he left. We saw Wall-E and Narnia:Prince Caspian, went to the zoo, and lost power at his house! It was a great few days, but went by really fast. It was sad saying good-bye. :(

Mike is over in Afghanistan for a year, so please keep him and all the troops in your prayers. I'm sure they would greatly appreciate it!!

2 comments:

KOphotography Karen Oglesby said...

Kelly,
We will pray for Mike's safety....

Anonymous said...

Kelly,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I was a day early on Sunday when I was talking to your mom and now I'm a day late. So, at least I didn't interrupt the festivities.

Woo-hoo!

Uncle Ken